Super Rugby Pacific Most Valuable Player
Terms & Conditions
- Information on how to enter the Competition forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the Competition is deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Rugby Australia Limited, of Cnr Moore Park Road and Driver Ave, Moore Park, NSW, Australia 2021 and New Zealand Rugby Union Incorporated of Level 4 100 Molesworth Street, Thorndon, Wellington, New Zealand.
- This Competition is not in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Any queries, comments or complaints about the Competition must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. In participating in the Competition, you are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. To the extent permitted by law, you agree to release Facebook, Instagram and Twitter from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with your participation in the Competition or with any of the prizes offered.
- The Competition is open worldwide subject to the following:
- Entrants must not be resident in a jurisdiction in which participation breaches any applicable laws. By entering, the entrant warrants that he or she is permitted by law in the relevant jurisdiction to do so.
- Whilst entrants residing outside of Australia or New Zealand will be able to enter the competition, they will not be eligible to win any prizes
- Entry is open to employees and officers of Rugby Australia Limited, New Zealand Rugby Union Incorporated and the Super Rugby Clubs and their immediate family, but they will not be eligible to win any prizes;
- Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Competition Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this Competition; and
- The Promoter is responsible for determining whether a person is eligible in its absolute discretion.
- This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in the winner selection process.
- To enter the Competition, you must be eligible to enter under clause 4 and:
- Visit mvp.super.rugby;
- Select the most valuable player for the specified round of Super Rugby Pacific;
- Complete the entry form with first name, last name, email address and name of your favourite team; and
- Tick to accept these Competition Terms and Conditions.
By doing this, you will receive a single automatic entry into the Competition draw for the relevant Super Rugby Pacific round.
- Only one entry per person per Super Rugby Pacific round is allowed and multiple entries will result in an entrant being disqualified.
- Entry into the Competition is free. You do not need to buy anything to enter the Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to remove, have removed or disqualify any entry that does not meet these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
- The Competition takes place weekly after each round of the Super Rugby Pacific 2022 rugby union competition and commences each week at 12.00pm (NZT) / 10.00am (AEST) on the Monday following completion of the relevant Super Rugby Pacific round of match and closes at 6.00pm (NZT) / 4.00pm (AEST) on the Wednesday of that same week (Competition Period). Entries received after the Competition Period will be ineligible to enter the Competition for that relevant round.
Selecting and notifying prize winners (from round 7 to round 15 of Super Rugby Pacific only)
- The Competition will have one (1) winner for each regular season round of the Super Rugby Pacific 2022 rugby union competition commencing from round 7 through until round 15.
- A prize draw, during which one entry will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the relevant Competition Period, will be conducted between 7.00am (NZT) / 9.00am (AEST) on the Thursday and 3.00pm (NZT) / 5.00pm (AEST) on the Friday immediately following the end of each Competition Period at the office of the Promoter’s digital agency, Engage Digital Partners Pty Ltd (ABN: 18 634 974 280) in Melbourne, Australia..
- Winners will be notified by email from the Promoter within two (2) business days of the relevant draw.
- If a winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to that winner's nominated parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf.
Prizes, claiming and redraws
- Each winner will receive two (2) premium tickets to their favourite team’s next home match or an alternative regular season match of their choosing (subject to availability) valued at between $120NZD and $150AUD (depending on location of match), or alternatively, a merchandise voucher of equivalent value at the discretion of the Promoter.
- Winners must claim their prize by notifying the Promoter within seven (7) days of being notified by the Promoter of their win.
- If a prize has not been claimed by such time, or if the Promoter cannot contact a winner after making all reasonable efforts, the Promoter may discard the relevant entry and offer the prize to the next randomly selected eligible entry (i.e. a redraw will be conducted).
- Such entrants will be notified by email from the Promoter within two (2) business days of the relevant redraw. If that entrant does not claim their prize within seven (7) days of being notified by the Promoter of their win, or if that entrant is also unable to be contacted after the Promoter has made all reasonable efforts to do so, that relevant prize may be forfeited at the Promoter’s discretion.
- Except as set out in clause 22, any personal information of Entrants provided on the Competition registration page is collected by the Promoter solely for the purposes of running and administering this Competition and will be used solely in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
- The Promoter may disclose personal information collected to Tradablebits Australia Pty Ltd (ABN: 99 638 464 598) and Tradable Bits Media Inc (Tradable Bits, being the Promoter’s agents engaged to conduct the Competition) and Engage Digital Partners Pty Ltd (ABN: 18 634 974 280) being the Promoter’s agent engaged to assist with managing the Competition, but such information will only be used for the purposes of administering this Competition. In addition, the Promoter may share personal information collected with Facebook for the purpose of identifying like audiences and creating targeted advertising campaigns on Facebook and Instagram. All registrations/entries become the property of the Promoter and will be entered into a database located in Canada operated by Tradable Bits.
- Entrants can contact the Promoter at any time regarding their personal information by contacting Rugby Australia’s Privacy and Data Protection Officer (PO Box 800, Surry Hills NSW 2010 or firstname.lastname@example.org ) or New Zealand Rugby’s Privacy Officer (PO Box 2172, Wellington 6140 or email@example.com).
- The Promoter's decisions in respect of all matters to do with the Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, loss or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries into the Competition. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt of the entry into the Competition database. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person’s electronic devices related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in relation to the Competition. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who at any time: tampers with any of the Competition processes; uses multiple email addresses to enter the Competition; uses any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly; or engages in conduct that may damage the reputation of the Promoter or its affiliated entities.
- Prizes will not be redeemable for cash.
- If a prize is unavailable for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter may offer an alternative prize of equivalent value.
- It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner must comply with all conditions of use for the prize, and the prize supplier’s requirements (including, for example, signing any legal documentation in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers). If a prize includes vouchers, gift cards or tickets, the Promoter is not liable for and will not provide any replacement prize if they are stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with any way once awarded or are not activated or used by any stated expiry date. Any prize including tickets is subject to the event venue and ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age restriction.
- If you or your entry are deemed by the Promoter to breach these Competition Terms and Conditions, or if you are unable to accept the prize specified by the Promoter, your entry (or entries) may be discarded at the Promoter’s discretion. The Promoter may, at any time, require you to produce documentation to establish to the Promoter's satisfaction the validity of your entries (including documentation establishing your identity, age, place of residence and place of employment). Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not waive those rights. The prizes will only be awarded following all validation and verification requirements of the Promoter being met to its satisfaction. If you cannot provide suitable validation or verification, you will forfeit your right to a prize and no substitute will be offered. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, neither the Promoter nor any other person or party associated with the Competition shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with participation in the Competition.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications arising from you winning a prize. You should seek independent financial advice.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify consumer guarantees as provided under applicable laws and regulations.
- If for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control the Promoter or its agents or contractors are unable to run the Competition as described, the Promoter reserves the right to postpone, extend, amend, re-schedule or cancel the Competition (“the Change”) at any time at its sole discretion on the provision of reasonable notice (which will include posting notice of the Change on the competition website (mvp.super.rugby)).
- The Promoter reserves the right to alter, amend or supplement these terms and conditions at any time in its absolute discretion. You agree that you shall be bound by such changes and that you shall not hold the Promoter liable for any losses resulting from any such changes.
11 April 2022